Anyone else here train Balintiwak?

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by jspeedy, Dec 17, 2009.

1. jspeedy

jspeedy Member

I've been training for about 3.5-4 years. My local club is pretty small right now just me and one other guy. We train at a JJJ dojo on the JJJ guys off days and we occasionaly spar with them. I don't think there are many FMA groups around me in the Pensacol/Ft. walton/Gulf Breeze area, and there's no FMA advertised that i've seen. I'd like to find someone of a different FMA style to workout with and spar on occasion.

**edit** after doing some looking around here it appears there's a lot of Balintiwak guys here. Even an entire Balintiwak forum, wow. I'm not sure but I think I saw GM Taboada on a thread, I love that guy!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! We do have several Balintawak players here. I've only dabbled but wish I knew more.

3. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Its not Balintawak, but there does appear to be some FMA in your area...

Filipino Combat Systems Pensacola, FL
    INSTRUCTOR: Rene Calara
    PROGRAM: FCS Kali, Kickboxing
    E-mail: RCalara@aol.com

4. jspeedy

jspeedy Member

I've ran across this same info before. It seems to be a personal email though that is given as a contact. Right now i'm not necessarily looking for a new instructor just others to workout/train with. I'm very busy with school at the moment, my curremt FMA training schedule well suits the only training I can do. I think it would be inappropriate to contact an instructor wihtout being able to commit to some sort of regular trainging schedule. I just want to find some FMA students to "play around" with and maybe learn a thing or two.

5. PlumDragon

PlumDragon New Member

Hi Speedy,

Having spent several years training Inosanto Kali/JKD (and other non-FMA systems), I now dedicate my time to Balintawak. I live up in Huntsville, AL about 5 hours North of you. If you ever make your way up here, I have the occasional visitor, although usually to see our herbal pharmacy. At any rate, I always enjoy visitors.

Additionally, if youre available in the beginning of January, there is a potential training opportunity for you that would be well worth your drive. Feel free to PM me here or email off forum at jpwhsv@gmail.com if youre interested in details...

6. jspeedy

jspeedy Member

Sounds interesting. Look for my email.