Anting Anting

Discussion in 'General' started by The Phalanx, Oct 24, 2008.

1. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

Believe in it or not?

2. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

It matters not what the masses believe only what the holder of self truth believes. I personally respect the beliefs of those who hold the anting anting sacred but for me the jury is out on the subject and in fact nonconsequential. I am a simple man whose beliefs are personal. I put family before all else and in that I find my comfort and true path. With respect.

PG Michael B
    BaHad ZuBu
    Western HQ
    SATX

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

There have been remarks said proof exhibited that a well known instructor of a certain style has the power of the verbal anting anting when it came to his system.. And yes, it is myself, my skills of verbal anting anting have a tendency to stir the boiling pot of the fma from time to time..

Beware the magic of the south pacific islands

4. The Phalanx

I've never had a reason to believe in any of it... I was born and raised in PI and heard stories about them but I don't think they're true... I think it's just all mystical stories... Like how the Ninjas of Feudal Japan could fly and stuff...

5. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

No more mystical than wearing a cross around your neck.

This from a man who wears a St. Michael's medallion next to the cross around his neck...

Best,

Steve

6. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Same here. My father was the one that always told me the stories, his really into it even now if i bring it up. Apparently we have it the family.

7. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Please tell me what it is?

This is the problem with living in rural USA, we never hear anything. I have been underground so long I look like a mole in the afternoon sun! Help a guy out here. I will be the first to tell you I know nothing about anybody, I know none of the words and none of the magic. All I know is what I do.

thanks,
    Stephen
    DTS Florida

8. The Phalanx

Anting Antings are amulets... They can be either rock or metal... They are "blessed" by some mystical priest or spiritual person... Supposedly can protect you from injury and death... I've heard stories of people with amulets getting shot and not a scratch on them can be seen... But like what I said, they're only stories...

Yes, I do question their authenticity... This coming from a great grandson of a famous "faith healer" in Cebu in the old days...

9. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

http://www.stuartxchange.org/AntingAnting.html

Best,

Steve

10. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Thanks for the information!

11. bmcoomes

bmcoomes Manaois' Systems

I personal believe, but also they do have psychological value to the persons in question. Belief is a powerful asset. Through out time there have been similar items from multiple cultures. There are advancements in the understanding of the energy body which is linked with these items.

12. Heston

Heston New Member

Its easy to find anting anting here in the Pilippines. They have many at Quiapo church. Many of our soldiers wear them in battle. Also, many holduppers and bankrobbers wear them too. The police find them on their bodies after they're killed in shootouts and rubouts.

13. The Phalanx

Seems like their anting-anting didn't work did it?

14. silat1

silat1 Active Member

An american version of anting anting is the 4 leaf clover, the rabbit's foot (not lucky for the rabbit) a lucky coin, a favorite shirt.. Some of the beliefs that can be compared to the other aspects of anting anting is the wearing of the same socks before a big foot ball game, a favorite saying which can be compared to the orascions that a lot of the elder fma practitioners used to recite before combat.. Floro Villabrille was reported to have strong orasacion and a firm believer in anting anting..

Hell, I carry a couple of challenge coins that I have acquired over the years and they serve as my anting anting because they haven't let me down yet when the fecal matter hit the oscillating mechanism.. I also have a favorite weapon that I used to carry when on duty while doing private security.. That is anting anting at it's best..

15. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

anting anting for me is the development of your skills, because your skills is just like your twin it could tell you, its effective in saving you or its not. but as I heard of this from some old folks there are some people who still practice this one locally called the ilaga and the gropo tadtad I' have seen some of them perform also but just in videos there practice is to hardened the body so that whenever they be hit by a sundang they well not be affected.

16. David Weatherly

David Weatherly New Member

Personally I believe in anting-anting. I also believe that it may simply provide a focal point for an individuals own skills.
    Hey, if it works use it.

David

17. sharon.gmc

sharon.gmc New Member

me too. i have an anting anting.