Anti-Stab Knife On Sale in U.K.: "Nonlethal".

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by arnisador, Jun 15, 2009.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Seen on MT.

Seen on MT:
    First 'anti-stab' knife to go on sale in Britain

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Right. The mind boggles. They'll be doing "Knife and fork" amnesties in the UK soon where you take your dinner service to the local police station and they replace them with a nice, "non-lethal" plastic set for you..

And how much will these "safe" knives cost - 30 pesos? Because if they are priced more than "lethal" knives they won't be replacing them any time soon.

Time would be better spent on a program of re-education (such as advertising campaigns showing the dangers / effects to society and the criminal) and tougher penalties.

3. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

LOL...man oh man..A SUCKER BORN!...I know a whole bunch of Knuckle Heads who could inflict mucho fatal wounds with this....Hell there is some cats out there who can kill you with an orange!...LOL....I must be in the wrong game..I need to get my sheister on hustle some flaked out product with a kick ass gimmik!...It obviously sells...see it everyday.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

They plan on selling them for £40-50 and I gather that's per knife, which seems quite high (about $65 American). Someone mentioned that it could also help prevent accidental cooking injuries, as when someone i walking around the kitchen with this and someone unexpectedly reaches for something near her and ends up with a knife through the palm.

I have to say, from a purely engineering viewpoint this seems like a well-considered way to address what they perceive as the problem. But yeah...where will it end? Plastic cutlery?

Definitely, there are people who can kill you with much less...I think they're after the domestic violence segment of knife crimes, where it's picked up in a fit of rage--hoping to trade ugly injuries for lethal ones. I would expect it to have some effect in that regard, if everyone adopted them...but I expect that most people angry enough to pick up a knife and try to kill their spouse would be angry enough to switch to a different weapon if the first one they chose was failing. Knife deaths will go down and blunt force trauma deaths will go up.

But the British have been serious about this issue for a while. They are treating it as a public health matter.

5. 40 - 50 quid? Thats about $75 / 3500 pesos +

Stands to make a nice sum out of that...

Regarding the cooking injuries are they also suggesting the outlawing of hot water, frying and using a microwave mandatory too LOL.

6. sjansen

sjansen New Member

The UK has already outlawed about every type of conceivable carry knife and still the crime happens. What they are doing is taking the law abiding citizens right to defend themselves away. The same thing happened when they banned guns. The criminals knew that the citizens would be sheep for the slaughter.

Crimes takes only seconds when the police are minutes away.

7. KaliGman

KaliGman Professional Man at Arms

Quite correct

You said it. I've seen life threatening stab wounds from items that looked a lot less "pointy" than this. Of course, it seems that someone marketing this actually believes that only the point of a blade is lethal. Of course, in 17 years of law enforcement, I've never seen the edge be lethal as well. RIGHT.....:Eyecrazy: Anyone who believes that contact me for an excellent land investment opportunity--ocean front property in Kansas.

8. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

My oh my...I believe it was Col. Jeff Cooper that used to point long ago to the stupid habit of condemning the tools instead of the actions, and this is an extreme example of how far that kind of idiocy can stretch.
    Oh, and the price is ludicrous at best...

9. MPC1257

MPC1257 New Member

Speaking of tools, I can stab somebody with a screwdriver or slash them with a wood chisel or utility knife and do some serious damage. Maybe they will outlaw anything with a point or sharp edge next. Ridiculous.

Marty