Anti Bullying

Discussion in 'Datu's Corner' started by Datu Tim Hartman, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

What can I say?

[yt]RZCUJEWuyow[/yt]

2. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

I told my son, if somebody tries to bully him like hitting him, block it in such a way that it shows that he knows martial arts. That alone may keep the bully go away and not bother him anymore. But, if he gets hit, then hit back in the similar manner that I mentioned. If he gets to be sent to the Principal, I will stand by his side because I know that my son is not the violent kind.

3. froglives

froglives New Member

"I told my son, if somebody tries to bully him like hitting him, block it in such a way that it shows that he knows martial arts". I really like this, here in So cal we have 0 tolerance for violence in schools, this means if someone hits you and you hit back, you will both be suspended. Depending on witness reports, you may even be arrested as the police will be involved. In this case I hit him back because he hit me is never an acceptable defense, however I blocked his kick, punch whatever as a reflex to "protect" myself would at least keep you out of handcuffs. If that block happens to cause a lot of pain all the better.
    It's kind of sad though, most of the bullying here is "verbal" or Clique related exclusion and verbal torment. This is harder to document and generally never addressed, (Cool kids, just keep getting that pass) although it is is often what is cited when some kid goes ballistic and kills someone.