Another shipment of sticks

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by sjansen, May 24, 2009.

1. sjansen

sjansen New Member

I got ten new sets of tumalin sticks from Simon at eskrimakaliarnis.com this week and they dented the other rattan sticks that I was up against without any visual damage to mine. I'm still trying to destroy one of his pairs of sticks I got in January and have been unable to do so. I hit hard and evey day and I can't explain how they have lasted this long (I think they're laced with steroids). They sure aren't the prettiest sticks I've ever seen. There just the best. I have no ties to Simon as I live in Michigan and have destroyed all of the sticks that I got before in less than a month, seven pairs in all (not from Simon). I also destroyed a couple of pairs of hickory, and bahi in the same time (although these were not from Simon either). I can't say enough about how much money you will save on sticks by buying from him. They're cheap, well balanced, weight matched and tough.

Hey Simon, your going to put yourself out of business. At this rate I won't need new ones again for a long time although everyone else in my tribe ate up what you sent.

I'll let everyone know when they start to ulcerate and decay, but I said that in January so don't hold your breath.

2. Thanks Scott.

It's always good to hear the sticks are holding up well. You know, it kind of confused me why people were giving them salt-water baths and stuff when there is durable rattan out there anyway - you just have to find it.

I have had great feedback from the sticks I consider "Slight Seconds" so I think I will dance around the sub-division if I manage to get 1000 sticks of the quality I had before in. A customer in the UK brought some of the "rejects" and is marketing them as "The ugly stick" LOL!

I will keep everybody updated as to the stock situation.

Simon.

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

These sticks are a lot of fun as they remind me of the rattan I used to get when I was a kid. Strong, durable and resilient! I am enjoying a shipment right now and my students are as well. [​IMG]

4. Thanks Brian. Reminds me of when I was a kid too...(well, I've never really been "Strong I suppose...:(). Wish that was the case now!

As for the sticks I'm still trying to get hold of more Tumalin and will post up if / when? I get some more.

Happy hitting all,

Simon.

5. sjansen

sjansen New Member

I finally ulcerated one of the sticks that I got from Simon. I got them 5 months ago and they have withstood 5 months of hard training. The other stick is still holding strong, but I'm going to break it too. I just don't know when. I train every day on a pole and at least two days with others and it has taken five months to break them.

Man these things are tough.

I love the smell of burnt rattan in the morning from hitting hard.

6. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

My sticks are holding up well even with the intense banging that we do during full contact striking. They hardly dent even when hitting the metal face helmets. (think WEKAF gear or fencing masks)[​IMG]

7. Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm getting the next lot of sticks from a new supplier (you know how patchy the supplies been the last year :( ) so it sounds like you two would make ideal test subjects.

I should find out if my dream of 1000 sticks becomes a reality this weekend :). Or :( I ' spose LOL