An open challenge too Datu Tim Hartmann

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by Gilla, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

True...but the cause of the challenge (not using a picture of his liking? Grow up...please...), the spirit in which the challenge was made (as if technical and physical superiority should be the decision for the picture selection), and the history of the former member (able to dish out criticism without being able to take it) all point to a lack of foresight and maturity. If Mr. Hartman wishes to accept the challenge, that is one thing. He is a grown man and can decide for himself. But consider the following...

Mr. Hartman didn't threaten anyone. He simply used a picture was really isn't all that inappropriate for the forum. He used the logo many Pekiti-Tirsia practitioners use. It's not like he used a smiley face or something disrespectful.

Edward/Gilla could have approached it with discussion...like a man...but throws a tantrum when things do not go his way on a forum that is not his to begin with. Disagreement is fine. If said parties want to throw down...fine. I just do not see how a challenge match decides how a picture goes up on a forum. That is where the ignorance lies.

respectfully,

Jack A. Latorre

2. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Agreed. As Winston Churchill almost said, "Never was so little owed by so few to so many..."

Best,

Steve

3. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

the problem with Filipino GMs when there student are already making there own system they claim it to be disrespect. they jsut don't appreciate the effort of the student in the evulotion of the art they must praise these for he is propagating the art and enriching the culture, you know just like any other culture also filipino people had both the good and bad trait. I hope they would be more open minded and realize life is not forever in this world. the knowledge must be pass unto the generation for the existence of the art. (an Opinion only)

4. sparrow

sparrow New Member

The problem is also when a student who trained under an expert suddenly becomes a self proclaimed GM, while his instructor although being highly skilled, never used the title.

5. adam t babb

adam t babb New Member

sounds like this is a matter between individuals who are grown men witch will resolve this in a manner befiting them.

Adam

6. Hmmm.. how about the whole JKD Nucleus, JKD Concepts, Jun Fan politics?! that is truly mind boggling!

7. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Your teacher is not my father! (And my Kung Fu is better than yours)

Someone I respect once said to me that following FMA forums amounts to a "guilty pleasure," and certainly opening threads here on the PTK forum sometimes feels like setting up lawn chairs to watch a car wreck.

Irrespective of who your teacher may be, the fact remains that he or she probably got that way by emptying his or her cup several times along the way. Why not emulate that example, and "just say no" to snorting up a line of crystal meth before you get behind the wheel the next time?

Given all the "tree'd monkey" behavior here lately, I thought I'd share the following post (on martialartsplanet.com). It's slightly off tangent (the subject of the thread is "what is a 'classical' FMA) but remains pertinent to the background of the current conversation:

FWIW, I personally have no problem with a picture of GT Leo Gaje on the PTK forum heading, and have argued so in the past. Can anyone tell me a reason for not posting such a picture?

Feeling guilty, but not much,

Steve

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  8. rshawtx

rshawtx New Member

You're points are well taken Wes, Ilhomm et al.

Point of clarification, my comments were in response to the question raised by fangjian regarding challenge matches in general. I agree that the pride and false bravado should be done away. :cheers: Although I do not drink. :)

9. Ron Kosakowski

Ron Kosakowski New Member

I solved that problem by learning all ends of JKD over the years to see what everyones opinion was since it seemed to be more of an opinion over and above a "set" program.[​IMG]

10. Ron Kosakowski

Ron Kosakowski New Member

curious...

Thats a good question! What is the problem with having his picture in here? I don't think Grand Tuhon Leo or most of his students care one way or another if his pic is there or not but I am curious why it is not there. Its not like having his pic there would insult anyone!

11. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Because the staff decided so. This is a dead issue, it's probably better to move on.

12. blindside

blindside student

To quote Mr. Hubbard on post #18 of this thread.

It sounds like in reality the "staff's decision" is ultimately your call, as it should be since are apparently funding the site. That said, the logic behind who gets a pic and who doesn't does seem a bit arbitrary, really arbitrary.

Lamont

13. artvilla2

artvilla2 New Member

Edjitsu....

watch out for a new FMA subsystem of combat and conflict resolution under research and development by the selected topnotch guys of this indigenous system. Under the leadership of DATUHON , this system is called edjitsu. I have been lucky enough to witness the devastating effect of this uniquely ecclectic method of diffusing conflict within seconds.DVD, and Internet learning soon to be available to the public.

artvilla
    Rank (HODON)
    edjitsu practitioner

:schild24::flamethro

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  14. 5tirosCamarin

5tirosCamarin Katulong Guro

What's even more arbitrary is that people are still posting to this thread. I was kindof astonished to find that the newest post in the Pekiti Tirsia Kali section was in here... I'm gonna throw a LAME flag on the play and suggest that everybody pick up a stick, head to the nearest training floor or even a living room or backyard, and see if you even remember what it feels like to practice FMA, as opposed to saying pointless things about FMA online.

15. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Guro Jason,
    As we know that winter is quickly approaching, so it is customary that a few people who suffer from cabin fever during this time start getting their logs together for the flame wars that occur during this cold time of the year.. I personally think that the cold weather freezes more than water in some places

16. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

But training in the cold feels sooooo good :D

17. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

Jesus Carol, what are you, half Klingon?!?

18. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Nah. Half-vulcan.

Just don't go spreading any stories about the pon-farr, mmmkay? Could get a little embarrassing....

19. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin. Note--Thread Closed.

I concur. If someone truly feels an aspect of this thread deserves more discussion, please start a new thread.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.