An open challenge too Datu Tim Hartmann

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by Gilla, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

Yes, I most certainly was joking. My comment was more along the lines of joking around about the politics involved in Kali / Eskrima / Arnis, Pentjak Silat, and Kuntao..... Along with smilies I think there needs to be a "joking" and a "sarcasm" font...

Although I've never met Ron - I respect his accomplishments and hope to someday meet him. Phalanx - it's all good, no worries.......

-wes

2. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

Before this thread is put to bed. I'd like everyone to be aware, and I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but, I am the sole heir to PTK, and Balintawak and Modern Arnis and you may all address me as Supreme Jedi Leonard, or, Darth Jon is fine too.

3. citom

citom New Member

Translation: Those who don't look back to where they came from, will not arrive at their destination.

Maraming salamat po!

Cito (isang katutubong Pilipino)

4. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Another participant for the I luv me walled rubber room

:uhoh::drink::1drink:

5. Karl

Karl New Member

Have you ever been in the Pi?? Actually they are languages and not dialects....Its ot only a diferent pronunciation........
    Ask someone form the north to speak in kankanae and see if a Cebuano can understand eeven a bit...or viceversa....

6. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

Since this thread is really about challenge matches, what do you all think of them? Good, Bad, Ugly ?

7. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

Bad... It is not good to call people out in an internet forum... One might bring a gun... You never know how these things can go wrong... Then the FBI and the Police will be involved if something does go wrong... This website will be investigated and people might be brought in for questioning... That is at its extreme but you can never be too careful...

We take martial arts so we don't have to be ignorant monkeys and call beat people up just because we know how...

8. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

I was born and raised there...

9. Ron Kosakowski

Ron Kosakowski New Member

Is that official? I now have bragging rights because I was promoted right here? I am flattered...I don't know what to say. WOW, maybe i can start making some money in thew martial arts world now! [​IMG][​IMG]

10. 5tirosCamarin

5tirosCamarin Katulong Guro

If they're done out of friendly competition between two people that are already friends in real life, I'd say it can be good, but getting mad about some typed messages on an internet forum and challenging a stranger to an "IF I WIN I'M RIGHT" full contact fight for a petty vendetta: I say don't post in online forums if you can't handle viewpoints other than or even paralell to your own. I posted earlier about how I don't think "One Country, One Art" is a good idea, but I'm not mad that the Phalanx thinks otherwise. Actually, I don't even know your full point of view, so what I said is really only a surface-level reaction to what I think that phrase means. I'd like to understand it better, though, so that's why I'm not going all juramentado and being like AAHHH LET'S FIGHT ABOUT IT AND SEE WHO'S RIGHT!!!

Ok I'll shut up now.

11. 5tirosCamarin

So, really, my reply is the Good, the Bad, AND the Ugly (insert air-harmonica solo here)

12. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

GuroJason pretty much nailed it. And he did it to THE air harmonica solo. Classy finish.

13. Brock

Brock Asha'man

It's a John Popper harmonica solo as well, so an hour later he was still doing it! :skeleton1

14. 5tirosCamarin

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. "Ignorant monkeys"

Hahaha I like that. I'm gonna have to use that to describe some of the people in my town... :)

15. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

I think we must respect all our differeces and respect each art that we possess all of us chooses the art that attracted us most. we have our freedom that we uphold practice and mastery of the art has its end and beggining so avoiding conflict is the best option rather than creating

16. Ron Kosakowski

Ron Kosakowski New Member

There is nothing wrong with a friendly sparring match though. It does not look like a death threat to me here. Someone said the police would be there or something like that...I think if the police were there, they would be watching two players do their thing. I doubt they would think of it as a danger especially since stick fighting is slowly becoming more mainstream in one way or another.

17. tellner

tellner New Member

I challenge the keyboard warriors to learn spelling, grammar and the proper user of multi-syllable words before they post :)

18. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Now that is a challenge that we all hope they take up! [​IMG]

19. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Sadly, Spell Check, Grammar, and Common Sense are 3 things beyond their reach.

20. rshawtx

rshawtx New Member

let's take a step back here and review...

Sounds like a Dog Brother's match to me... and they have those every year. Just have a referee to make sure the fight is stopped if it goes to far. That and we can do away with the pride and bravado and I say it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Maybe they'll both come out with a deeper respect for each other. Also consider, they will be using rattan and not any hardwood... so its not like a real duel per se.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.