An open challenge too Datu Tim Hartmann

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by Gilla, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilla

Gilla -== Banned ==-

Being that you will not give Tuhon Gaje his do even after meeting him and seeing his skills and do to the fact i live in N.Y, I say lets fight, you and me full contact minimal gear . If you win i will publicly say i am sorry if you win you must say u are sorry to Leo and put his picture on his thread as the only Grand Master of PTK. I saw your you tube vid and its pretty sad. Datu ha what a joke.

2. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Just as long as you don't challenge him to a spelling contest...

3. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

What just happened?

4. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Someone's medication must have worn off.

5. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Kindergarden let out late?

6. Bob Hubbard

From the site rules:
    No "Challenges" - If there is a threat or physical challenge, real or perceived, issued, the person making said threat will be immediately banned from this board with no warning or recourse.

People might want to read before they go all macho man on the internet.

7. Brock

Brock Asha'man

What the crap!?! Really!?!

8. The Phalanx

Why did Gilla challenged Hartman in the first place? There was a reason... Something about GT Leo Gaje? What's the story behind that?

9. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Gilla/Edward--

In the spirit of forethought and as a fellow Pekiti-Tirsia practitioner, I think it appropriate to look at the flow chart of some of the outcomes to your proposed "challenge"...

-Mr. Hartman accepts, you win: although you win, GT Gaje's pic may not make it on the forum because Mr. Hartman's fingers no longer work well enough to type or operate a mouse due to multiple hand shots; although the challenge is accepted, charges are filed because NY law does not look kindly on challenges of a violent nature; you have left evidence of your participation (from the online challenge to the injuries sustained by you and Mr. Hartman); and, although Pekiti-Tirsia continues to have a reputation for fighters who are not afraid to scrap, you are ridiculed by practitioners everywhere as a rather tough kindergartener who's not very bright...

-Mr. Hartman accepts, you lose: you continue to be ridiculed as a rather tough kindergartener who's not very bright but now have an excuse for your lousy spelling as now your fingers cannot function due to multiple hand shots; we hear incessant excuses for your shortcomings for losing and you are cannon-fodder for those who have not forgotten the chest-beatings and poor reasonings of your previous posts on this forum; Pekiti-Tirsia continues to have a reputation for fighters who are not afraid to scrap but you become an embarrassing blemish...

-Mr. Hartman declines, you show up to fight anyway: you waste good gas money driving up to Buffalo for nothing; police are called; you are arrrested; everyone is disappointed there is no fight but you become the avatar for the new thread "When the clueless attack..."; Pekiti-Tirsia still has a reputation for fighters who are not afraid to scrap and you continue to have a reputation as an individual whose decision-making is tenuous at best...

-Mr. Hartman declines, you decide to stay in Brooklyn: folks continue to think you are all talk; you get banned from this forum for something that should not have been aired publically to begin with; Pekiti-Tirsia continues to be a phenominal martial system and you become an interesting footnote in it's history...

In any event, you have done really nothing for the advancement of the system by your challenge...other than incite us all to see a fight, regardless of the participants or styles. Pekiti-Tirsia will thrive because it is a great system...period...not because one Edward Hunt thought he carried the banner. Last time I checked, Grand Tuhon Gaje was more than capable of representing himself...and fighting too, if he felt the inclination. It is why he is the Grand Tuhon to begin with.

Pekiti-Tirsia is great because of its effectiveness, the training methodology and the efforts of all the instructors to have it proliferated. Many have worked hard to make it what it is. And I understand the important function that actual altercations have had in the system's formulation. I just have a difficult time seeing the system I treasure dragged through the "idiot pit" for the trivial...for the undisciplined...for the self-serving. I work hard to my part to keep this system respected...you are not making it easier for any Pekiti-Tirsia instructor by your inability to handle yourself.

As you are banned, please feel free to e-mail me if you wish to continue dialogue on the matter.

Regards,

Jack A. Latorre

10. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

Wow. Challenge match. When will this madness end? I study Kung Fu, Balintawak, BJJ and Muay Thai and I don't think my seniors in these systems need little old me to fight for their name or the name of their art.

11. The Phalanx

What does Gillian mean that Hartman wouldn't give GT Leo his dues?

12. 5tirosCamarin

5tirosCamarin Katulong Guro

It seems like a pretty surface-level accusation based on Datu Hartman's profile or something he may have said online taken out of context.

My commentary, however, is the same in nature: surface level. It's pretty funny, though. Hey, I do know that Datu Hartman can hit dudes in the face pretty friggin hard :)

Hartman to Brock: Hey Brock, how sturdy is your guy over there?

Brock to Hartman: I dunno, he can take a hit.

Hartman to me: Hey, I have a nice "hat" for you to wear. You're gonna love it! *THUD*

Me (dumbass) to Hartman: Thank you sir, may I have another?

Hartman to me: uh... SURE! *LOUDER THUD*

13. Bob Hubbard

The issue goes back to some older ones involving removing Mr. Gaje's photo from the list some time back, and some unpleasant airing of family matters. My understanding is that the 2 gentlemen (Gaje & Hartman) are resolving whatever issues are there between themselves. There are threads floating around here I think that contain the old debates.

14. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

I do not think there really is any disagreement however if there is, it is between them and let them resolve it. Really it is none of our business. [​IMG]

15. Ron Kosakowski

Ron Kosakowski New Member

Well, if they are going to fight or not is another story but i do think Grand Tuhon does deserve to have his pic on the Pekiti Tirsia section. Its been a controvercy for a long time and i do not understand why it is not there out of respect for the Grand Master of the system.

16. Vols1

Vols1 New Member

I wonder also Ron. Perhaps it is for political reasons.

17. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

I was wondering why there aren't pictures of others like 'Dog Brothers' or D. Inosanto etc.......

18. Bob Hubbard

The basic idea is to put up photos to honor the founders of the systems, not their current GM's. In some cases, photos haven't been provided to us or aren't available. The PT section of FMATalk has been locked twice now because of problems such as the OP's attitude here. In the end, the call is Datu Hartman's as he's the one paying the bills and providing the site to the FMA community.

19. blindside

blindside student

So the photo of Tatang Illustrisimo should be taken off of the Illustrisimo forum because art wasn't founded by him, it was his family's art? Similarly, the "Pedoy's Derobio Escrima" forum should have a picture of whoever founded "Derobio Escrima" or is teaching your version of an already existing art good enough to qualify for a photo? No insult intended to either of the men or the arts I just mentioned, I'm just seeking clarification of the "need to be a founder" thing.

Lamont

20. Bob Hubbard

I'm just summarizing what was discussed in the past. Final call on these things isn't mine here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.