Aluminum Training Swords

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by littlebadboy, Sep 19, 2011.

1. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

Hi! I'm an Arnisador who is relatively new here in the US. I have seen in a recent FMA gathering that aluminum training swords are such an "in" thing here. We couldn't afford it back home. I am thinking of getting one for myself. Where can I get one?

Thanks!

2. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

3. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

If you're looking for something specific, I can make custom copies of your blades. Some of the recreations I have already done I can repeat
    (or are my designs), some are owner specific.

http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy233/navadisha/trainers/

4. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Sir,

Have you done a kampilan trainer before?

Ive been looking for a long time and just happen to see this post.

phil

5. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Funny you ask, I have one I've been working on for some time. In the past year I collected a few good examples for myself to be able to begin making a trainer. I always want originals first to make sure the balance is correct.
    However, as it usually goes, items I am making for myself constantly get put aside to work on orders for others first. At this point it is probably 40% done.

I do know Datu Hartman has one that some folks really like but I don't recall where he got it.

Steve

6. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

I did not bring any blades with me when I came over to the US for the fear that I might be suspected to be a terrorist and sent back home! Haha!

Your ginunting looks interesting! How much would it cost? I wish yours was a little bit more curved downwards (like a beak) like the Philippine Marines issue:

[​IMG]

It was meant this way so that it will make a deeper cut as you withdraw the blade among other reasons.

7. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I would highly recommend Navadisha's work.. He made me a training bowie out of wood and it is still being used.. I have also seen and used some of his metal trainers when we did a seminar in Chicago and in Michigan.. Steve's work is high class (Oh I said that already) I'm looking at having him make me a metal copy of my randall knives for training as people freak when I pull my blades.. In case you didn't get the hint, I am a big bowie knife fan and actually teach it to interested people using the FMA as a foundation

8. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

For the past year! Wow i like to see that here someday.
    Thank you for the quick reply. Please do tell me if it is possible to get done, but if it is to much trouble (expensive to ship and make) ill find another way to find one.

Thank you Sir

Phil