Aloha

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Lee Baron Manibog, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Lee Baron Manibog

Lee Baron Manibog New Member

I currently train with the Tobosa School of Kali Escrima under Maestro Donald Mendoza. I have trained with Raymond Tobosa and his brother Toby Tobosa. I am Humbly Blessed and Honored to help carry and pass on the arts.

Like a Circle that has no End, So is our learning of the Filipino Martial Arts. Let us Perpetuate and Promote the Arts!

2. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Howzit, Ive been meaning to come check out the school! I train with Mike Tibbits and the guys. You guys are still at Halawa gym right?

3. Lee Baron Manibog

Hi Robert,

Yes. We train at the Halawa District Park Gym on Mondays 7 to 9 pm and Fridays 7 to 9 pm.

4. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Great! Im going to try and make it soon. Work is super busy. Do you mind if I add you info to my website? I have heard good things about Raymond Tobosa in fact I found this:

Master Santiago “Sonny” Umpad was born on June 26, 1948 in Bogo, Cebu, Philippines. As a young man, Sonny was exposed to and mastered the traditional Filipino martial arts of Eskrima; in his region the term “estocada” was also used to describe these arts. Sonny gave full credit to the Balintawak and Doce Pares systems, which made up much of his early training. When he arrived in the USA, he continued his training with Master Raymond Tobosa in the art of Kali.

I was fortunate to meet Sonny Umpad while in WA and I also met some students while visiting LA for the Dog Brother gathering. I believe Sonny had good things to say about Raymond Tabosa.

Lee could you tell us more about the Tabosa Kali system?

5. Lee Baron Manibog

Hi Robert,

I would be more then helpful to give you info on the Tobosa Kali Escrima when we meet. But you can read about our style in the Mark Wiley book, Filipino Martial Culture. It has a lot of extensive info that was provided by Toby Tobosa. The Tobosa school is hosting an escrima ring for caranza and padded stick fighting at the Kajukenbo tournament on Oct 7th 2007 at the Halawa Gym. It is open to all the escrima schools and anybody who want to enter. some of the Kajukenbo practioners have entered. Hopefully you can make it.

6. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Aloha and welcome to the forums. It will be great to hear about the FMA from Hawaii. Halawa is where I grew up and went to Aiea High both Master Chief Siangco and I were classmates and friends . Good old Halawa gym. Any way can't wait to hear more about your style Mahalo

7. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Awesome, looking forward to meeting up! Hope to see more from Hawaii sign on and use the forum to promote FMA in Hawai'i!!!

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! I don't know the Tobosa School system.

9. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

Tobosa School

Nice to always hear from Professor Lee.
    Respectfully yours,
    Pedoy's School of Escrima "Main Branch"

10. loyalonehk

loyalonehk Kaju Dog - DBMAA

Aloha & Welcome to our on-line FMA Ohana!

Cheers,
    Dean
    :cheers:

11. Sabre

Sabre New Member

Welcome to the forum!!

12. Lee Baron Manibog

Hi,

You can find info on the Tobosa Kali Escrima Style in Mark Wiley's book "Filipino Martial Culture"

13. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

14. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Thanx Robert, you are a real help in now bringing more Hawaii FMA to this forum. One day I hope to meet you,USO. Lelei

15. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

That would be great! If we meet here in Hawaii, we can go to Tammy's Polynesian Bakery in Waipahu and get some good Samoan food!!

16. Lee Baron Manibog

17. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Well Im going to try and show up Friday. I have to head into town to run an errand and Im sure Ill make it back in time before class starts. Maybe we can meet up, and I can join the class in training and discuss some ideas of promoting FMA in Hawaii on Friday. My islandwarrior site is alright but I would love to help out the smaller schools by providing a brief history and class schedules, tournament info and such. I know you dont know me but like I said maybe we can discuss and shine the light on the history of FMA in Hawai'i. Im not trying to make a name for myself I just want to give back to the FMA. I primarily trained in Washingtong state with Datu Kelly Worden and through him I have been able to meet some great people like Prof. Remy Presas, James Keating, Ted Lucay Lucay, Greg Lontayo, Sonny Umpad, Professor Leonard Trigg, Bob Anderson and many more. Currently I train with Mike "DogZilla" Tibbits and I would love to learn more about the various systems in Hawaii.

18. Lee Baron Manibog

Hi Robert,

Hope to see you at this friday's class. If you want, feel free to give me a call at my work number 472-1738 between 0630-1500 or my cell number 351-2905. You may have to leave a msg on my cell. Laters!

19. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Professor Lee, Ill be stopping by tonight. See ya there.

20. JunFanFighter

JunFanFighter New Member

Hello and welcome