Aloha!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by agimat, Nov 1, 2006.

1. agimat

agimat New Member

Aloha everyone,

Just came across this forum. I've studied FMA off an on for 15 years or so. Haven't trained in a few years. It'll be nice to see what's happening in the FMA commuity.

2. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! What did you study previously?

4. agimat

agimat New Member

Thanks for the welcome!

My introduction to Arnis was from Godofredo Fajardo. I spent a few weeks in the Phil when i was in high school. My Aunt worked at the trade school he was teaching at the time. It was a great experience. It was cool because It was only me and two other students.

While in college here in Hawaii, I trained a few months with the Pedoy school (Derobio Style). Ron England was teaching at the time. I eventually started seriously learning from my dad's friend, Wayne Caseria. I was pretty lucky - I was the only new student he's taken on in a long time. Years before, he was one the chief instructors for Raymond Tobosa. He then studied DeCuerdas from Gilbert Tenio (he has a master's certificate -its on the wall at his house). During that time, he met Dentoy Revillar and John Eliab and beacame good friends. I got exposed to Dentoy Revillar's SLD and Giron Largo Mano - through Jessie Abrecy (one of Dentoy's former students), who moved here and lived with my teacher for a few years. My teacher was also related to Pedro Apilado (i think it was his father's cousin). Thus was exposed to the Dos Manos (Largo Mano). I hope to train again, there's so much more to learn.

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Welcome to FMATalk!

6. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Welcome aboard!

7. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Agimat, you still in Hawaii? Dude I would love to meet up and do some training or something.

8. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

Howzit Robert! Are you training with any school now?

9. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Hi Greg,
    I primarily train with Mike Tibbits and some other friends, I have 8 or more years with Datu Kelly Worden in WA state. I have a website www.islandwarrior.com and www.myspace.com/islandwarriordotcom check it out.. the site is still in its it infancy... trying to find time to fit everything I want to do into a day.. lol.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  10. platypus

platypus New Member

Aloha, agimat.

We actually know each other and I haven't had the chance to talk with you in a while.

-platypus-

11. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Mabuhay! Welcome!

12. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Welcome Agimat!

So what happened to Jess? I saw him at Starbuck's On Ward Ave about a year ago and then he dissappeared again! Did he go back to L.A.?

13. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Welcome and Aloha.

14. agimat

agimat New Member

Mahalos for the welcome- haven't seen jess in years..... we used to train a lot when we was out here. good fun.