Aloha from Sunny San Diego

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by RHC Chaz, Jul 24, 2006.

1. RHC Chaz

RHC Chaz Tuhon Chaz

Aloha FMA Ohana,
    My name is Chaz Siangco and I am the Regional High Chief of the Pedoy's School of Derobio Escrima - founded by the late Great Grandmaster and my Great Grandfather, Braulio Tomada Pedoy. I currently run the San Diego Branch of our system. I hope to meet new enthusiasts and instuctors of FMA around the world for we are all OHANA (family).
    If interested in our system of Derobio Escrima or just want to talk feel free to contact 619-208-3987 or visit www.pedoysescrima.com .
    Aloha

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It's good to have you here!

3. Douglas

Douglas New Member

Hi Chaz, I trained at the Honolulu school in the 1980's. Pedoy/Derobio is still the MA style I love the most. I live in N. California and I would be thrilled to know when the next weapons seminar is being held in la Chula. Like to refresh what I know, and see if I remember it right. :)

-Douglas

4. animal_stylez

animal_stylez New Member

Hi Chaz!! I love the philosophy of your art!! This goes along VERY well with my own personal convictions.

5. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

If you don't mind me asking Animal Stylez...what do you like most about the philosophy? I'm just curious. :)

6. Ares326

Ares326 PSDE Main Branch

Aloha from the Main Branch

Chief Chaz,

Haven't heard from you for a while. Things are doing great here in Hawaii. Did GM Ty told you that I fought in the live stick match with Dogzilla? I had a pretty good bump on the back of my head during that match. GM Ty said I did very well and so does the rest of people who've watched it. Hope to see you soon. Take care and God Bless.

7. animal_stylez

animal_stylez New Member

" Derobio Escrima emphasizes disarming techniques and defensive behaviors rather than aggressive actions. The basis of Derobio is deflecting and controlling. The meeting of force with force is only used if unavoidable and is immediately translated into a more "passive" or fluid movement. The force of an attacker's blow is allowed to pass and a counter is employed from the outside, it is a defensive art that stresses disarming and rendering attacker incapable of further aggression. "

I am a very peaceful person by nature. I detest violence (I know a contradiction for someone who loves Martial Arts :) ) and would prefer to control/subdue someone and use technique in a way to stop them and show them I have the ability to hurt them if I so choose, but am choosing not to, but if pushed I can/will.

That's one of the reasons I chose to learn Aikido as my first MA, and hope to pick up again some day. I hope that makes sense. :D