Aloha from Honolulu Hawaii!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by pinapaitan, Nov 13, 2006.

1. pinapaitan

pinapaitan New Member

Aloha from Hawaii!Just started training in FMA although been a MA enthusiast for years. Told myself im getting old and gotta discover my roots and to stop being a enthusiast and be a practioner! :)Looking foward to everyone's awesome posts etc!reggie aka pinapaitan:)

2. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Welcome to FMAtalk! Glad you joined us here :)

3. pinapaitan

pinapaitan New Member

thanks Carol!! glad to be a part of this awesome forum! :)

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! What style are you studying?

5. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Howzit!

Hey Reggie glad to see more FMA players from Hawaii here!

6. pinapaitan

pinapaitan New Member

after reading all of mark wiley's and dan inosantos's books and a few others, im interested in studying Pekiti Tersia Kali. So far there are none in Hawaii yet. ive been training a blend of inosanto style /jkd style with traditional wing chun classes. here in Hawaii we have a great FMA community but its still not widespread like in the mainland. wish there were more garage schools of FMA like there are on the mainland.:)

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Well, FMA, JKD, and WC sounds like a good combination to me! I have some experience with each, though not that much with WC.

8. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

Welcome Pinapaitan,
    There are alot of good FMA schools here in Hawaii. I think alot of our local fighters have been overlooked for a long time. I've also read some of Mark Wileys books. Be careful some of the information is not accurate in his books.

9. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

Where are you from? When you say wide spread on the mainland. What state or states are you referring too?