A short list of FMA related video clips

Discussion in 'FMA Videos' started by Apollo, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Apollo

Apollo Administrator

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bakbakan International[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gathering 2005 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Latest Quicktime required)
    [/font]
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Modern Arnis[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tim Hartman at the MartialTalk 2005 Meet & Greet - 10.5MB Quicktime
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Form: Anyo Lima (352 x 240 10.9mb) Demonstrated by Datu Tim Hartman (From the Forms CD v.1.1)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sinawali : #2 with lightsabers? (352 x 240 2.08mb) Datu Tim Hartman and Guru Mike Rogers [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Misc. Clips: 1 2 3 (320x240 5.24mb each) Datu Hartman with Guru Arnold [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guro Bryson Ingram and Eric ??? at WMAA 2005 camp during Guro Rick Manglinong's session
    [clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 2.65MB)
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guro Rick Manglinong and Guro Primo Luciano demonstrate a cane technique at WMAA 2005 camp.
    [clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 2.95MB)
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bryson Ingram & Bob Hubbard practice a technique originally taught by Rick Manglinong at the 2003 WMAA Michigan Camp
    [clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 826 kb)
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bill Gorman & Bob Hubbard practice a technique originally taught by Rick Manglinong at the 2003 WMAA Deleware Camp
    [clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 915 kb)
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bill Gorman & Guro Rick Manglinong do the "Manglinong" at the 2003 WMAA Deleware Camp
    [clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 893 kb)
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bob Hubbard[/font] demonstrates the 10 angles of attack[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/font][clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 3.71 MB) Single Stick
    [clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 3.75MB)
    [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Single Stick
    [clip] (Latest Quicktime required, 8.08MB) Short Sword
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MARPPIO Videos [LINK]
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]American Modern Arnis Associates (AMAA) Video Clips [LINK]
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Balintawak
    [/font]
    Bobby Taboda [LINK]

More:

Lionheart Vol 1 - Jose Mena (26MB) : Sioc Glaraga does a running comparative commentary as Jose Mena demonstrates. There's no sound at the start due to technical difficulties during the shoot.

Lionheart Vol 2 - Vic Sanchez (20MB) : Demonstration of Cinco Teros fundamentals and Kasilagan exercise.

Lionheart Vol 2 - Elmer Ybanez (36MB) : Demonstration of Lightning Scientific Arnis as well as empty-hand techniques.

Lionheart Vol 2 - Rizal Arnisadores (38MB) : A demonstration of a style that evolved for combat on sloping muddy ground.
    Pekiti-Tirsia
    Collections [LINK]

Kali
    [LINK]

Sayoc Kali
    [LINK]

Links collected from MartialTalk.com, and other sites. If you know of more, please add your links.

2. Leo Daher

Leo Daher New Member

Tuhon Ray Dionaldo has a number of video clips here: http://fcskali.com/ . Click on the "New at the FCS Pro-Shop" link, then go to "Videos".

3. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

4. Woodsman

Woodsman Junior Member

That was a fun list of clips. Made me smile. :)

5. Woodsman

Woodsman Junior Member

I mean that in a good way, and was intended to be too Apollo.

6. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

Nice, Thank you.
    Steve, is the palusot free flowing or does it follow a specific pattern?

Later on does it incorporate the ranging in out footwork that we see in the other clips?

Thanks

7. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

palusot

What's shown is the first of six specific palusot patterns; later on it becomes "free-style" palusot. The free-style palusot that I have seen keeps the right foot forward and maintains constant forward pressure - what is important is that the daga keep engaging and re-engaging with each new attack/defense with the stick, so I think that it is necessary to keep the medio/corto range for this to occur.

"Ranging in out footwork" occurs more within the context of the San Miguel Form and two-man forms such as Balla Balla Redondo, which has four "circles" as well as an introductory section and linking sections. The first circle is shown here:

http://northshoreac.com/san_miguel_eskrima/balla_balla_redondo_files/balla_balla_first_circle.mpg

Other drills such as Zig-Zag incorporate lateral movement as you range in or out and I learned a version of Tres-Tres that uses lateral footwork as opposed to a static footwork pattern.

An example of Zig-Zag is shown here:

http://northshoreac.com/san_miguel_eskrima/zig_zag_files/zig_zag_example.mpg

What you can't hear and can just barely see this Mpeg-1 clip is that I actually missed my parry and got a solid thwack! to my hand. When I said "keep going" to the people at the seminar I meant that you always keep going with your technique if you get hit - but my training partner thought that I meant "keep going with the drill" and threw the daga thrust at me when I didn't expect it. I like this clip because even though I messed-up initially, I reponded instinctively to the daga thrust - which shows the value of drills if they are properly conceived and executed, in my opinion, insofar as they do train muscle-memory. You can see, also, how much I changed my range on the next application - pain is a great instructor! One other point: I got hit because his stick travelled down mine; if my partner attacked with a bladed weapon and my bladed weapon didn't have a guard, then part of my thumb and index finger would have ended up on the floor, and there would have been no response to my opponent's daga thrust (the kill shot) etc. It's always good to see drills in this context, as well.

Best,

Steve Lamade

8. Matawguro

Matawguro New Member

Please be informed that I'll be re-encoding these vid clips to DivX 6 within the next few weeks, so the URLs might be broken by then. This will result in a smaller file and/or a longer clip.

The clips are currently in WMV format so download them now if you prefer that format.

I suggest following the following link for the Lionheart vids to avoid any future problems with broken links due to updates.

http://www.fmaforum.org/index.php?showtopic=3

Thanks.

9. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

Kumusta Matawguro,

Whats DivX 6? Where can I pick it up?

10. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

11. Matawguro

Matawguro New Member

http://www.divx.com/

12. Apollo

Apollo Administrator

You can get the DIVX plugins here: http://www.divx.com/

Each video has an associated audio and video codec. (Thats the thing that does the decoding). If you are missing it, you will have problems.

You can use a program called G-Spot to analyze the file and see what you are missing, then use the free codec site to locate it.

Gspot: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/GSpot.htm

This is one of the most complete codec packs out : http://www.free-codecs.com/download/XP_Codec_Pack.htm
    It should solve numerous display problems.

Please note: Adding these incorrectly may cause problems with audio and video display, so please read the information carefully.

(thanks to bob for the info)

13. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member