A quick story

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by NAGA, Jul 28, 2016.

1. NAGA

NAGA Member

Many years ago, prior to the start of a weekend seminar with Grandmaster Jerson “Nene” Tortal, as was customary, he and I would be warming up in a corner of the school in preparation for the upcoming activities. As usual, I was in front of the Grandmaster parroting his method of martial art in front of him, when all of a sudden he stopped warming up and a very serious look came over his face; he raised his arms over his head in a very wide and dramatic way and said, “John, Go...d has favored you by giving you my family system.” Here I thought I was doing the same thing I usually did, but he continued, “Keep in mind you have been given a great gift.” After he finished speaking, we continued our warm up as usual; I never really gave this incident much thought until Stephen Shy came up from Florida and trained with me the previous weekend. If you get a chance, please read Stephen’s post for context. Nevertheless, I consider myself merely a carrier of Grandmaster Jerson “Nene” Tortal’s, very high level method of martial art.

www.SchoolofArms.com