A Memorable Day

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by JunFanFighter, Jul 7, 2008.

1. JunFanFighter

JunFanFighter New Member

Recently I had the honor and privilege of training privately with Mike Snow and GM Nene Tortal, it was my first in-depth taste of experiencing the DTS system, I was impressed at this effective art, though similar to other FMA Ive studied the footwork was particularly unique and took some getting used to for me, especially since Im used to using the triangular and linear patterns in Wing-Tsun Gung Fu and the Inosanto/La Coste/Presas system's. I found both Guro Mike and GM Tortal very patient, humble and cordial during my training, my thanks again to both of these fine Instructors. I look forward to continuing on in this art.

2. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

I too , have had the privilege of training with Grand Master Nene Tortal. He is a wonderfull , humble and giving man. Yesterday I had the honor of being Grand Master's sparring partner as he was a special guest instructor at Sama Sama. He threw me around like a rag doll and I loved every minute of it. In the early afternoon Florida sun, 90+ degrees he out lasted everybody in the group of at least 50 students. We all had to run for shade but not him! He is amazing!

I need to put in a plug for the Sayoc Kali ongonization. They treated us like royality. Their hospitilty is unmatch and they are a well run, tight knit group. There was someone at our sides every minute of the day. We are talking armed guards here! I offer my thanks here in writing for the way we were welcomed and treated. I am very lucky to have the instructors that I have and I am proud to say the Grand Master is one of them.

God Bless,
    Stephen

PS, please don't bash my spelling, it is one of my many shortcomings. My spell checker is on the fritz and I have not the energy to look the words up.

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hey Stephen glad you had a good time at the Sama Sama. Sounds like they treated you absolutely great. [​IMG] You have the Grand Tuhon coming over to your place soon? That should be a real treat! [​IMG]

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good for you! We're lucky to have Mr. Tortal here in Indiana.

5. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Brian!
    GM will be here July 26th and 27th. If ya'll have a mind to come to Florida for a 2 day seminar, PM me your phone number and I will call you back. You will be very glad you came!
    See ya soon and God Bless,
    Stephen

6. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hey Stephen I would love to come down but it is not in the cards this time.
    Keep me in mind for the next time you have him down though as I will surely try to come. Since the last time I saw you I have finalized the deal for the Grand Tuhon to come up to Michigan here in October. [​IMG]

7. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

What a year for Grand Master and the growing DTS Organization. We will be BIG!
    God Bless,
    Steve

8. Stone

Stone New Member

I'll attest to that! GM Tortal was an absolute machine. What an incredible honor to be able to see him in person, and have him share his family system with us.

Thank you Grand Tuhon.

Respectfully, B.J. Stone.