A folding Kris!

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by Carol, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Spyderco has been introducing a line of ethnic blades, such as the Persian.

A more recent addition...the Spyderco Kris.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VG-10 Stainless, and a blade length of 3.75 inches.

The blade is double-edged and may as such may fall under different legal restrictions than most other folders.

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Interesting design but the double bladed aspect could get you in trouble in some areas.

3. Carol

Indeed. That would be illegal for me to own, period, even if I had a Licence to Carry (which I don't). :(

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Another down side that I see to it is that it simply is not a fixed blade and the back side blade really should not be used to Cut through things as that could conceivably cause the blade to malfunction and shut. I know that would be a rare occurence but the possiblity would always be there.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Interesting. I hadn't heard of this. I'm glad they're experimenting with ideas like this, even though I share the previously mentioned concerns.

6. Silence_sucks

Silence_sucks New Member

The coolest thing i ever did see was a kris balisong, damn i wish they didnt have such ****** knife laws here in australia!

7. Carol

A Kris Balisong! Now THAT sounds interesting.

Did it have a curvey blade or was it straight?

My teachers would LOVE to have that as part of their collection ;)

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I've seen those before, including a very big one!

9. Silence_sucks

Silence_sucks New Member

It had a sinuous blade and a gold finish, though the curves didnt form into an overall triangular shape so it wouldnt really perform as the bone dodging stabbing weapon that malayan krises are intended to be. Oh well still looked awesome, oh and i saw one of those 'baliswords' too! they look nuts, could anyone actualy manipulate one without it crushing their knuckles?!

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Has anyone played with this yet? It certainly looks cool!

11. silat1

silat1 Active Member

According to what I have seen on the spyderco MBC series, they are also coming up with a folding knife called the P'kal. It has a reverse grip design and can also be used for the sak sak grip.. Once I get my hands on one, I'll post a review on it with the group's approval

Bill

12. Carol

It does look cool! :D

I haven't had a chance to play with one personally...unfortunately the double edge would present some legal issues where I live :(

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Explain to them that you'll only be using one edge at a time!