A Doce Pares Section maybe

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by Pat OMalley, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Hi all,

I am pretty new to this forum and so far I am enjoying every minute, but I did notice that there are specific sections for say Modern Arnis, Lameco, JKD/Kali and so on, but the one thing I did notice was there was not section for Doce Pares.

Now we all know that DP is quite a large organisation with satelite clubs around the globe, so maybe it would be a good idea to have a DP section. What do you think?

Best regards

Pat

2. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

We are in the process of looking at adding as well as deleting sections. We will be wrapping things up in a week or two.

3. bart

bart New Member

Doce Pares Section

I think that would be a great idea. Doce Pares is one of the largest and oldest Filipino Martial Arts organizations in the world. Balintawak, Modern Arnis, and many other styles find their roots in Doce Pares. I think that it would also be a good idea to have a section on WEKAF.

4. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

We have a tournament section already. I don't feel the need for another unless someone wants to start a hosted WEKAF section. If anyone is interested in doing so, pm me for guidelines and rates.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We have the Doce Pares section, but it needs more activity! It's the root of so many other arts--I now I'd like to hear more about it.

6. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I'd like to se some more as well. I know Grandmaster Pallen trained in Doce Pares at one point in his career and I enjoy hearing the history of the arts involved in the refinement of the Senkotiros style.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Please, help us keep this joint jumpin'!