7th Monthly PTI Seminar: 1st Set of Solo Baston Contradas

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by Jack Latorre, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Hello All--

The last seminar dealing with 3rd Set Of Solo Baston Seguidas was fun and productive time of teaching participants to hit and choke one another.

The upcoming seminar offering deals with the 1st Set of Solo Baston Contradas.

The original date posting was Saturday, July 20th. That date is no longer valid.

The seminar now will be held the following day on SUNDAY, JULY 21, 2013. The material covered will still be the first set of Solo Baston Contradas.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Best,

Jack A. Latorre
    Mataas Na Guro
    Pekiti-Tirsia International
    www.ptiacademy.com

P.S.
    The remaining schedule for the year:

7/20/13--Contradas 1--Sunday
    8/10/13--Contradas 2--Back to Saturday
    9/21/13--Contradas 3
    10/19/13--Recontras 1
    11/16/13--Recontras 2
    12/21/13--Recontras 3

What to bring: Rattan sticks, eye protection, water, snacks/fruits/protein bars, training blades, comfortable clothing.

2. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Since someone asked...

The Contradas in general are characterized by many rapid strikes, typically (but not always) to the weapon hand of the opponent. If one were to make comparisons to firearms, the Contradas are akin to a light caliber machine gun (whereas the Recontras are more similar to a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with alternating buckshot and slugs...with a bayonet at the end). In the Solo Baston scheme of things, one applies multiple hits and if things don't quite go according to plan, then disengaging is not so cumbersome. With Recontras, timing is particularly critical as one sees more full-body committal...thus if one gets in improperly, the practitioner is fairly invulnerable. If the timing is on, lots of ugly things happen to the opponent, who then provides a rather target-rich environment.

This particular set of Contradas focuses on the basics...generally getting multiple hits on the weapon arm of the opponent using angles of both footwork and angles of striking to accomplish this.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Jack A. Latorre
    Mataas Na Guro
    www.ptiacademy.com

3. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Just a reminder...

Next weekend is the seminar dealing with the 1st Set of Solo Baston Contradas...but it happens on SUNDAY...July 21st from 2pm til 6pm...at Millman's Martial Art Academy (32 Main Street, Scottsville, NY). I look forward to seeing some of you there. Please e-mail/PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,

Jack A. Latorre
    Mataas Na Guro
    www.ptiacademy.com