6th Annual WMAA Modern Arnis Training Camp

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by James Miller, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

2. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

times

Have the times been set in stone yet ?
    I am planning on driving up Thursday, But I have never been to Buffalo before. Looking forward to seeing Datu & Sal again, And meeting lots of new people.

3. SAL

SAL Junior Member

Hey Sam
    I an looking foreword to seeing you guys as well. There will be a training session on Thursday evening and camp on Friday usually starts around noon to 1 PM.

Sal

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'm looking forward to it!

5. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

WMAA Camp

I really hope I can make it for the Thursday night session. I cant pick up ny rental car untill 12 noon so I'm not sure : (

6. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

As much as I was looking forward to going, I won't be able to make it out this time around (and I'm pissed, truth be told.)

I hope there will be an FMAtalk Meet and Greet later this summer, I can definitely swing out for that.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Sorry to hear that you'll miss it!

8. James Miller

James Miller Member Supporting Member

One week and counting!

9. James Miller

James Miller Member Supporting Member

One day to go!

10. Bob Hubbard

Day 1 is done.
    Here's a few shots.

Attached Files:

11. Bob Hubbard

Some shots from day 2

Attached Files:

12. Bob Hubbard

Day 3 pics up. Tons to sort and edit, will be posting them to my galleries later this week along with print-order information.

Attached Files:

13. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

Man what a great time. Looking forward to next year. Great meeting all of you guys, Rich, Datu, and all of the Board . I had a blast see you guys soon.

14. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I enjoyed meeting and chatting with you! We hope to see you again.

Who wouldn't enjoy hitting people with sticks? :D

15. SAL

SAL Junior Member

What a great camp. I would like to thank Datu Tim and Guro Janice for all their hard work.

I spent lots of time with old friends and made a few new ones.The training was excellent with a good mix of FMA techniques from the Presas systems of arnis. There was a black belt test that spanned the entire time of the camp. All the participants of the test stepped up and left no doubt that they were ready for the challenge. The WMAA now has six new black belts and two who were promoted to Lakan Apat. Congrats to all of them . I look foreword to working with them later this summer.
    I spent a good bit of time with Sam and Marion and it is good to have them on board. They are great people who are dedicated to their training and are an excellent addition to the WMAA family. We are honored to have you with us.
    Thanks to Bob and Susan for all the photo work. I am looking foreword to seeing the results.

Jeff and Steve, I can't say enough. Your family.

And to GM Rick Manglinong, who is way to humble for all the talent he has, I am honored to be your friend.

Sal

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Thanks for this review! I had a great time, and I really enjoyed getting to see Mr. Todaro and Mr. Scott and everyone else again. The teaching sessions were great. (Not only did I enjoy Mr. Todaro's session--I only made the first--but my son was very enthusiastic about esp. his second session. He came away with a lot of ideas.) It was a great camp all around!

17. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

I would like to thank everyone for their support. We're looking forward to next year's event.

18. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Greetings-

It has been a very hectic year for me and sometimes my responses online end up being “One liners”. This year’s training camp had much significance to it. We had belt promotions, updated curriculum release, announcing the up and coming trip to the Philippines and the announcing of a new direction and alliance for the WMAA.
    • This camp had the largest group of Black Belt promotions. Nick Hawley, Dennis Jenner, DJ Leader, Fern Monti, Ryan Monopolus and Mike McDonough all tested and were promoted to 1st degree Black Belts, along with George Harris and Mike Milazzo testing and promoted to 4th degree Black Belt. In addition to these promotions, members of the WMAA board (Dr. Jeff Leader, Steve Scott and Sal Todaro) were promoted to Punong-Guro 5th degree Black Belt.
    • We have announced that in 2009 Grandmaster Manglinong and I will be taking a group to the Philippines. In addition to sightseeing, there will be opportunities to train with several masters, including GM Ernesto Presas. Our upcoming seminar camp series will dedicate portions of the events to prep people who are considering accompanying us on this trip.
    • With the success of our trip to the Philippines, the board members and I have decided to broaden the vision of our organization. Our organization will always be dedicated to the teachings of the late Grandmaster Remy Presas. We have also decided to look deeper into roots of the system and incorporate more of the family art. With the release of our WMAA curriculum 4.0 we are taking the steps of giving our members a better understanding of its origins.
    Once again I would like to thank all those who were mentioned (and all those who weren’t) on the success of this year’s training camp. Many things have happened this year and there is much more to come. We have already started preparation for next year’s camp. It will be June 6 through 8, 2008. Hope to see you there.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  19. Bob Hubbard

Just a note that photo proofs are now available online at http://www.bobhubbardphotography.com/wmaa2007/

There are almost 300 photos from the camp there.

Please note, that these are raw photos with minimal processing. Some will look dark, some light, some off center. Final prints will be color and brightness balanced, as well as further optimized for a quality print.

Shipping on prints depends on where it's going, so please contact me for rates and other information.

Thank you,
    Bob

20. Bob Hubbard

Here are a few of the shots I've printed, edited for the web. (some variations due to that process. Prints are much clearer and more evenly colored)

Last 3 shots are from the 12x18 versions, 8x10's have a different border.

Enjoy.

Attached Files: