4th Connecticut FMA Gathering

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by fangjian, Aug 6, 2013.

1. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all having a great Summer. Once again I will be hosting the annual CT FMA Gathering this year. For a change of pace, we will actually be having it closer to home for me this year in Willimantic, CT ( approx. 40 minutes east of Hartford ). Willimantic is a very culturally diverse town East of The River famous for the amount of Victorian Era Homes ( 2nd only to San Francisco in Victorian Homes per capita ). I hope some of you can make it out my way this year. If you are not sure about coming due to being unfamiliar with the area feel free to ask what is around. There's a lot of cool things to do out here.

As always this will be an informal event. You are welcome to wear school/style clothing but it is not mandatory. We have done our gatherings thus far at Kent Falls State Park and Dinosaur State Park. This year we will be at Lauter Park in Willimantic. Lauter Park is a great family park on the city's northend. It sits on the Natchaug River and boasts a beach, an awesome splash pad, skateboard park and BMX park among other things. Lauter Park is also just a stones throw away from the Prospect Hill neighborhood ( The Hill Section ). If you are a fan of homes built in the Victorian Era, like San Fran and Cape May, NJ., Wmtc CT is not to be missed!!

Instructors and participants is not determined. I will most certainly be there. I will be teaching Balintawak for anyone who is interested. So far we have had Balintawak, Sikaran, Doce Pares/Eskrido. I hope to see some new faces this year. C'mon Nutmeggers!!

Who: (POC): Jonathan Leonard Chief Instructor World Original Teovel Balintawak Arnis Group (New England)
    What: FMA training ( Balintawak , and hopefully others )
    Where: Lauter Park. Willimantic CT
    When: August 24th 2013 9am - whenever we get tired :)
    Why: Because free FMA events are awesome

Our last three gatherings:

[yt]uLIOc1KasCY[/yt]

[yt]UakmOLzxm28[/yt]

[yt]EjlAm0D7vlw[/yt]

2. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

Had a great time today. We had about 8 people participating. Worked on some basic Balintawak concepts. Hopefully next year, we can get a better turn out with some different instructors and styles. Will post a video of the Gathering next week.