3-man competition

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Johan, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Johan

Johan New Member

Hi!
    I was wondering if anyone on the forum know what the "3-man team competition" in wekaf means??
    It may be just my bad english but i translate it to being a sparring competition with either 3 fighters all against all or 3 fighters per team going at it ;). could it really be so??

I got this rules from this site/dokument: http://www.bandalan.com/Tournament%20and%20Seminars/2005%20Western%20Region%20Championship.pdf

hopefully someone can educate this stupid "swede" :)

Johan

2. JasonSilverman

JasonSilverman New Member

I believe that this is referencing a "team form" where 3 or more team members perform the form together either in a traditional way or in an open setting.

best regards,

3. Johan

Johan New Member

Actually thats what I thaught aswell. However there is no doubt that it is fighting and not form: "All rules that apply to single stick fighting is also adhered to the 3 man competition".

It is clear that it is about fighting, what im wondering about is how it is conducted, anyone been to such a competition??.
    // Johan

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I thought it meant that 3 people from Team Red and 3 people from Team Blue (and other teams) compete, each in one-on-one matches, and whichever team amasses the most points wins. Kind of like a wrestling meet.

5. JasonSilverman

JasonSilverman New Member

Hi Johan,

I stand corrected :)

I fought in Cebu in 1998 and in Canada in 2000 and the only team aspects that I remember were the team forms.

The team fighting does sound like an interesting concept...please let me know what you find out!

best,

Jason

6. junior eskrimador

junior eskrimador Expect the Unexpected

Hi fellow eskrimador/arnisador,

What I was told and seen from the 2005 Western Regional WEKAF, the 3 man team is a "Team Competition". You put your best 3 fighters and each fighter fights a 1 minute round. To determind the winner of the match is the same as if you fought single stick, just adding 2 more fighters.

Hope my answer help answer your question.