2014 Philippines trip review

Discussion in 'General' started by silat1, Mar 3, 2014.

1. silat1

silat1 Active Member

, I just finished a 10 day trip to the Philippines and was fortunate to meet a couple of the Kalis Ilustrisimo instructors and practitioners from Manila.. One of them teaches my nephews at one of the schools in angeles city and last saturday, his instructor who trained with Yuli Romo for decades was in angeles and I had the privilege of sitting in their class and watching the Kalis Ilustrisimo class that was given.. Interesting and effective system as anyone who has been involved with the fma for more than a day and a half know or have heard of "Tatang" Ilustrisimo.. I have some videos that were made prior to his death in the early 90s, saw a lot of similar techniques from the teachings saturday and the videos.. I also was fortunate to meet and sponsor a seminar with one of my associates who trained with Yuli Romo and his Bahad Zubu ( a mixture of Kalis Ilustrisimo and Balintawak eskrima) a few years back.. Good time was had and a lot of new acquaintances were made on this trip I was not fortunate enough to partake in the training as I am still recovering from an injury that consists of 4 major breaks in my ankle and I have screws and metal plates to stabilize the ankle joint which limits my mobility and footwork abilities, but I still had fun just observing.. Getting old is a bitch <G>

2. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Bill,

Kumusta na ?

Glad to note that you had a great time in the Philippines. My mother is from Pampanga and I used to visit Angeles City in the 60's and 70's.

The next time I visit Guam, I will be more than happy to share with you and your group the fundamentals and core concepts of the Ilustrisimo system.

Regards,

Louie

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Louie,
    Mabuti sa iyo?
    I always have a good time when I go to the Philippines, my wife and I have been bouncing back and forth to there since we got married while I was stationed at Clark back in the early 70s .. I always seek out the FMA practitioners as my roots in the FMA started in Pampanga shortly after I moved there from Taiwan.. I'm sure when you come to guam next time, I can most definitely guarantee that you will be having more than a few guys interested in the Ilustrisimo system. I am sorry that I wasn't able to make the seminar you had at Noli's tkd school as it is very seldom that we get to have FMA instructors come on island.. I was the first one to bring in GT Jerson "Nene" Tortal in 2011 and recently a friend of mine brought in Leo Gaje for a seminar and are establishing a PTK group here.. We have about 4 instructors who teach the FMA, one of which has direct ties to Vic Sanchez in Manila and another has direct ties to Guro Dan Inosanto.. So I can most definitely guarantee that it will be a good time