2010 International Arnis Alliance Championships

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Pat OMalley, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

The 2010 International Arnis Alliance Championships (GM Roland Dantes Cup)

Will be held at the Martial Games www.maf-uk.co.uk which is being dubbed the Martial Olympics and is being televised on UK national TV.

This event is open to all FMA practioners from all styles.

Registration for this event must be completed on line by December 2009.

For entry and rules please log on to the Martial Games section of the web site and follow the links for the Filipino Martial Arts Section.

2. Dave F

Dave F New Member

Hi Pat,

I would like to thank you for organizing the 2010 International Arnis Alliance Championships and for honoring and paying respects to GM Roland Dantes by also referring to it as the GM Roland Dantes Cup.

As you and many senior maestros of the art are aware, GM Roland was always concerned with promoting and preserving FMA since he viewed it as a cultural treasure of the Philippines. It was his life's work to try and not just promote the art he cherished, but also unite with all practitioners regardless of style and to remain free of politics.

Guro Roland was extremely pleased and proud of your dedication in creating the British Council as he told you during your visit to Melbourne, Australia last year.

On behalf of my late teacher, his family, friends and loyal students I thank you and Lucy.

Respectfully,

David

3. Pat OMalley

Hey Bro,
    It has been an honour to have GM Dantes as a freind, he has done so much for the FMA around the world and has inspired the FMA'ers in the UK to finally unite in a common cause.

It is also a very big honour to have you as a freind and brother in the FMA and I am sure you will carry the memory's and teachings of GM Dantes with pride and the certanty that his efforts will never be forgotton.

Your Brother in the FMA and more

Pat

4. Pat OMalley

This event has just got bigger and is now being hosted at the UK's largest exhibition centre the NEC in Birmingham.

We are reliably informed that Bravo TV, Pinoy TV and other TV companies will be there to film the whole exhibition, as well as this the British Olympic Committee will be there veiwing the various martial games.

Because it it has grown so fast it not only with various martial sports events, but now also with companies, demonstrations and seminars/workshops will now be hosted under the title of The Martial Arts Show and no longer just the Martial Games.

The latest news on the FMA side of things is that in addition to myself teaching a workshop and Q&A session, GM Rene Latosa will also be conducting a workshop and Q&A session. For those of you who dont know it was GM Rene Latosa that brought FMA to the UK and subsiquently was responsible for it spreading from the UK into Europe.

For those of you wishing to participate in this event please register now at http://www.themartialartsshow.com/Tournaments.html

Best regards

Pat