2009 Pacific Island Tournament in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by yomitche, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Pics from previous years

Just to get in the mood, here's a few pics from 2007.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crutch

Crutch New Member

Times

I am driving up from Bloomington on Sunday with a few students.
    What time does the Tournament start?

Do we need to bring our own wekaf? I assume you supply sticks?

Thanks,

Terry

www.jkd-concepts.com

3. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello Terry,
    If you bring your oun that would be great but we have helmets available for those whom do not have their own. Also with Preregestration one saves $10 the door price is $10 extra. Example you sign up for all events, that is $55 so...for all four events at the door it would be $65 sorry for any confusion....

Thanks,
    John

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  4. Crutch

Crutch New Member

John,

What is the START time on Sunday please?

Also the physical location?
    Thanks,

Terry

5. silat1

silat1 Active Member

This is the information right off of the facebook link that kamakazee martial arts has set up in conjunction with the dts facebook site that I set up a week ago

Saturday, October 10, 2009 at 8:00am
    End Time: Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 6:00pm
    Street: 5159 S. Archer Ave
    City/Town: Chicago, IL

6. Crutch

Crutch New Member

Bill,

Please, What is the START...I repeat START time on sunday..

The face book page only lists and END time for sunday it says end time of 6pm on sunday

Im trying to determin what time to get there on Sunday as we have a couple hour drive to get up there.

Thanks for your help

Terry

7. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I would estimate that the time would be between 8 and 9 for registration.. I am doing this input from a long distance as I won't be able to attend due to several situations regarding the job and current weather..

8. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello All,
    We will be having morning sign-up and wavier signing from 9:30 A.M. until 10:15 and we start no later than 10:30 A.M. !!!!

Thanks,
    John

9. NAGA

NAGA Member

Housekeeping!!!

Hello Everyone,
    Due too technical problems with our website I have decided to drop the $10 extra same day sign up!!!! So same price at the door!!

Thanks,
    John

10. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Terry, just do a Mapquest of the Archer address and it's quite easy to get to. Just a few blocks south of I55.
    Looking forward to meeting you there.

11. Crutch

Crutch New Member

I look forward to making new friends.

Terry

12. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Just a reminder, remember to bring your own cup and for the Combat Knife division, a mouthguard is highly recommended.

Here's a few pics from last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And lastly, we have to have one more of John getting air time.

[​IMG]

13. Sabraxas

Sabraxas New Member

14. Crutch

Crutch New Member

Some of my guys asked tonight if the tourneyment format was round robin or single elimination?

IF a guy was fighting soft stick how many fights will he probably have?

How about the other formats?

Thanks

Terry

15. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Terry, our every intention is to run round robin/double elimination for each division. Some divisions may just be so darn large that it may not be possible but we have every intention of doing so. We try to keep the balance of giving everyone a lot of action but not staying till 8 at night.
    At a minimum, every fighter should expect to have 2 fights but could easily have 4 in one division. Some did last year. I try to keep the fights cycling fast, one after another.
    But, if you enter Sayaw, sword, knife and combat knife your participation time goes way up :mouth_wat

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  16. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello All,
    The previous post with the video has Grand Tuhon Tortal demonstrating what he is best known for his swordsmenship. Also on the video are myself, Wing Chun Master Dr. V. Ing and Guro Keith Wetoskey showing that we do have a sense of humor.....

Thanks,
    John

So are you going to be there???

17. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

John that is a hilarious ending to the video clip! [​IMG]

18. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Don't forget we are going to have the Sandata/Senjata show again this year too. Just spoke to John about it a day or so ago. I know Navadisha was able to obtain a couple of "Killer" pieces over the past year. Can't wait to see and feel them! I am going to call Guro Keith about brinig has later today too..... KaliCowboy got a new baby I got to hold while is was down there and it's well worth the trip to check out. It's easily one of the top three Ilonggo blades that I have ever seen or felt. Hope he's brining it, it cuts like a dream!

Got the new shipment of shirts we sold out of too. So please get a hold of me immediatyely when you arrive if I owe you a shirt. Because last time we went throught 115 shirts in less than a week and we ran out of the most popular sizes.

Can't wait to see everyone!

19. patrickdpr

patrickdpr New Member

Is that the same shirt in this listing?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Sword-Bladed-We...ash=item19b599fc96&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

my clan and I all like the design a lot, and were hoping to pick some up at this weekend.. hopefully you will have enough! any chance I could put a few on hold for us?

20. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Yep! I can set a few aside for you, no problem Patrick. Just email me what sizes and how many you want. I will gladly put them in a box with your name on it.

mike@dtskali.com

mikesnow21@yahoo.com

Thanks for the compliment on the shirt design! : )

I stuck with traditional Ilonggo and Aklan blades from Negros and Panay. All the blades are original pieces. You will be able to see most of them at the PIG. It is an attempt to clear up misconceptions about the "Original Blades" of the Tortal family system. As you vcan see, there are no fluted blasdes, no Karambits, no Balisongs, no Barungs, etc. Out of respect for the rich Ilonggo and Aklan cultures that are the foundation of the system. Stick'in to tradition! : )