2008 Pacific Island Showdown Ultimate Warrior III

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by StixMaster, Feb 8, 2008.

1. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

2. Nakiko

Nakiko New Member

Looks like something to check out.

Can anyone enter or do you have to be affiliated with a school, or a certain style?

I guess I am asking if anyone can walk off the street and enter? Someone like me with no "formal" experience in eskrima, other than stuff picked up in the back yard.

3. scubamatt

scubamatt New Member

The link is:

www.pedoysescrima.com

On the right side is the poster (shown above) and a link to the tournament rules. As an 'invitational' its open to anyone who agrees to follow the rules, it appears. There is an extensive list of what techniques are 'legal' or 'illegal', as well.

4. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

I cant speak on behalf of the school but you can always speak with GM Ty Takahasi to verify if you can enter, he is a really good guy.

Robert

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  5. StixMaster

[​IMG] This is a great way to enjoy Hawaii & FMA at the same time. I'm just getting this out so people can have time to save & plan.

6. junior eskrimador

junior eskrimador Expect the Unexpected

Did it last year, got to enjoy Oahu and FMA. I scheduled the family vacation during the tourney. Got to meet other FMA'ers and made new friends. Not to mention da local grindz; Telma's Filipino Restaurant in Waipahu, Sam Choy''s on Dillingham blvd., and da local favorite Zippy's. If anyone goes you gotta try Sugio's Bento (broke da mouth). Will not go this year, made other plans during the same month. But Greg808 will be there to capture the title. Greg808 Mahalo for da local grindz at Telma's. Mahalo

7. reydominguez1

reydominguez1 New Member

my team have plans to go...see you there...Police Kali arnis...Pinoy police power......!!!!!!!

8. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

Due to circumstances beyond control The Pacific Island Showdown III 2008 has been officially cancelled by Grandmaster Ty

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Too bad!

10. junior eskrimador

Tournament may be cancelled but do not cancel your trip to Hawaii. It's still a beautiful place to visit and I'm sure you can still train with Hawaii FMA'ers.

11. StixMaster

Maybe with the lost of couple airlines and fuel cost could probably be the reason. Airline tickets to Hawaii has gone up in price. Then it could be something else. It is a great tournament.

12. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

I'm sorry to hear that! Grandmaster Ty is a true gentleman and warrior. We should all support his genuine effort to perpetuate the F.M.A. in a positive manner!

We look forward to your next event, G.M. Tyrone!

13. reydominguez1

reydominguez1 New Member

Really Bad!

Why dont try Manila on JULY! Workshop and Tournament under the Phil council of kali Eskrima Arnis Masters (PCKEAM) under GM Roland Dantes

14. reydominguez1

reydominguez1 New Member

TRY OUR World Cup on July in Manila!
    I guarantee all of you taht you will enjoy...

15. StixMaster

Cost too much to travel for tournaments, its the economics ! The prices of airfares are rising.

16. junior eskrimador

There will be several World Tournament in Philippines, as mention by redominquez1 Manila has a tournament and also Cebu. This years WEKAF World Tournament is back in Cebu, every other two years. Not only WEKAF Worlds but also Doce Pares Worlds Championship. For those of you on the mainland (non Hawaii residents), LA is having several tournaments this year, Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC) and not sure on the other but both is in LA, CA. The other in CA is in Stockton ESKCOA tournament. It's the same type of tournament as Pacific Island Showdown without Ultimate Warrior category. This info is to share the events in FMA that some don't get to hear about.

Aloha

17. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

Hey Greg, do you know if GM will bring back the tourney at a later date? I was really looking forward to it...

18. StixMaster

I'm sure there were good reasons for canceling the Showdown. That late in the year most likely it will have to wait till next year. Cost might be a factor but hey lets just promote FMA especially Pedoy's/Derobio !!!! Aloha

19. sneha

sneha -== Banned ==-

I was browsing around the forum and got to this thread , its feels great when People are sharing information with eachother so that others can learn. Keep this going ever.