2007 NY FMATalk Meet & Greet

Discussion in 'Admin Announcements' started by Bob Hubbard, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Need a lift to Buffalo, Wes? There's room in my car. ;)

2. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

As much as I'd love to go - no amount of martial arts training would save me from my wife and son if I did go... Sounds like it will be a good time though....

-wes

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I've attended both a formal seminar by him and an informal spur-of-the-moment one, and learned things both times! I certainly recommend him.

4. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Can I still make a game day decision to attend? My schedule is all kinds of messed up right now.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I think that's fine!

6. fusionmma

fusionmma New Member

what time does it start ?? How much is it for 1 day

7. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

The training part is $30 and is on Saturday, i believe noon to 6 or 7.
    The social parts free Fri and Sat (other than what you eat/drink)

8. Bob Hubbard

Final Instructor List for this years event:

Jason Arnold - Kenpo
    Tom Quinn (morph4me) - Nihon Goshin Aikido
    Darwin J. Eisenhart (Last Fearner) - Korean Hoshinsul / Hapkido for Street Defense.
    Terry & Yolanda Stoker - TKD
    Daniel Tesmer (Drac) & Steven Fine (Father Greek) - Police Defensive Tactics / Basic Subject Control / Combat Hapkido.
    Mark Stoddard - Wing Chun
    Rich Parsons - FMA
    Jack Latorre - Pekiti Tirsia

Alternate Instructors
    Bob Hubbard - Theatrical Fighting Concepts / Arnis
    Alan Cunningham - primary theories / concepts on suppressions or primary theories / concepts on Jujitsu

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Looks great! I may miss it by a week, as I have to be in Buffalo the following week for the WMAA instructor's camp, but it's possible I'll be there.

10. Bob Hubbard

11. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Training blades...

I have occasionally been working on some aluminum training blades when time has allowed. I will have some for sale during this Saturday's 2007 MartialTalk meet and Greet for anyone interested. The price range is from $20 to $60.

I look forward to the event.

Regards.

12. grimfang

grimfang Junior Member

Its looking like I should be able to make it out there... I never know for sure until the last minute, but its about a 95% chance I will get there... looks like it will be an interesting group this year, and I would hate to miss it.

13. Bob Hubbard

Sounds Cool. :)

For those doing the Friday bit, I'll be getting to the hotel around 3 and hanging in the lobby. Around 6 we'll be caravaning out to Pizza Plant for dinner and beverages until whenever. Directions from the hotel to both the school, and both eateries is up on the website. Please jot my number down and call me if you need more info on Fri and Sat 716-822-4102.

Looking good this year :)

14. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I wish I could make it!

15. Bob Hubbard

Heading out now. Looks like a good time is coming, estimate is 25+ this weekend. :)

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Keep us informed! Good luck to all.

17. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Have fun! Unless something drastic changes tomorrow, I'm not going to make it. :bawling:

18. Bob Hubbard

Event is now officially over....I'm beat, long fun weekend.
    Unofficial headcount is 30+ in attendance....out biggest M&G yet!

More info, and a ton of pics coming shortly. :)

Now, I nap. :D

19. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Sounds great! I'll look forward to seeing the pictures.

20. Bob Hubbard

2007 Buffalo NY MartialTalk Meet & Greet
    August 3-4, 2007: Buffalo NY

Well, this years event has come to a close. We had 34 attendees, making this our largest event ever. People came from Massachusetts, Texas, Michigan, West Virginia, Ohio, Ontario and more this year. My mind is as usual, fried right now, so I'll just touch on the high lights of this years event. :)

Friday night we met up at the hotel before heading out to Pizza Plant for some local cuisine, then back to the hotel for more relaxed networking.
    Saturday was the official training day. I want to thank this years instructors for their time and wonderful sessions.

We started things out with Terry & Yolanda Stoker from Texas, who ran everyone through some interesting warm ups and techniques that they use in their school. They were followed by Daniel Tesmer (Drac) & Steven Fine (Father Greek) from Ohio who demonstrated some of the techniques police use to control a subject, and did some Combat Hapkido. Third up was local Wing Chun instructor Mark Stoddard who went over some of the techniques and concepts of Wing Chun. Forth was Tom Quinn from NY who did some excellent Nihon Goshin Aikido. Fifth was Rich Parsons from Michigan who taught Modern Arnis, Sixth was Jason Arnold from Ontario, Canada who taught Parkers Kenpo, and we closed out with Jack Latorre who did Pekiti Tirsia.

After a short break where several of us helped dismantle the training floor and move it to the schools new location, we headed out to the buffet for crab, sushi and more. Then, back to the hotel where the last person didn't head to bed until after 1am.

From what I've seen and heard so far, this was our best M&G yet. I personally want to thank each and everyone who came for making this a huge success! It was a pleasure finally meeting so many of you and seeing others again.

If you missed it, you missed some excellent training and comradery, but don't despair. We're doing it again next year and you can schedule early. :)

The 2008 MartialTalk-KenpoTalk-FMATalk-WNYMartialArts Meet & Greet will be held July 18,19,20th 2008 in Buffalo NY. We have 2 tentative instructors already listed for next year as well. Jason Arnold and Jack Latorre. So mark your calendars now!

I'm editing the pictures now, and should have them posted by mid week. (400+ to go through, lol)

Thank you again!

Attached Files: