2006 Pittsburgh Camp w/ Cacou Canete and Zach Whitson - August 26th & 27th

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by True2Kenpo, Jun 30, 2006.

1. True2Kenpo

True2Kenpo Junior Member

A message from Senior Professor Zach Whitson in regard to the 2006 Pittsburgh Mini-Camp coming up on August 26th and 27th in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania...

It is my wish to expose as many people as possible to Grand Master Cacoy Canete of the Doce Pares system. For those of you that are not familiar with G.M. Cacoy, he is a living legend and considered a "National Living Treasure" of the Philippines. He was the youngest member of the famed Doce Pares Club of Cebu City Philippines founded in 1932 and now the oldest living survivor. Undefeated in over 100 full contact, no holds barred, stick fighting matches some of which are the most famous fights of Filipino martial arts folk lore. At a dinner in Miami Florida just a few weeks ago Guru Dan Inosanto acknowledged G.M. Cacoy as the Filipino Martial Arts equivalent to baseballs Hank Aaron or Joe DiMaggio.

At 86 years of age, G.M. Cacoy has been a huge inspiration for me. In my opinion G.M. Cacoy is the Father of Mixed Martial Arts. His system of Doce Pares includes Eskrima, Eskrido and Pangamot. G.M. Cacoy's art of "Eskrido" integrates Eskrima, Jiu-Jitsu and Judo. I hope that you will take this opportunity to see and experience a true master and living legend.

For more information on the 2006 Pittsburgh Mini-Camp featuring Doce Pares Grandmaster Cacoy Canete and Senior Professor Zach Whitson, please visit this address- http://www.unitedparkerskenpo.com/files/2006_Mini_Camp_Flyer.doc.

You may also contact me directly at my school at 412.621.KICK.

Thank you for your time and I hope you can attend.

Respectfully,
    Joshua Ryer

United Parker's Kenpo Karate
    http://www.pittsburghkarate.com

2. The Boss

The Boss I am the Law! Supporting Member

Here is a flyer for the event that I recieved. Good luck with your event!

Attached Files:

3. Hunter

Hunter Junior Member

!!!!!

I am looking forward to it!

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

5. True2Kenpo

True2Kenpo Junior Member

6. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

Can you post some more details about the camp?

thanks

7. Hunter

Hunter Junior Member

There is a flier listed above, also Josh's school website is; www.unitedparkerskenpo.com
    More information and his phone number can be found there.

8. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

I'm planning on being there. Anyone else from FMAT?

9. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

I mailed my registration form today. I while only be able to attend the first day.

10. MSTCND

MSTCND New Member

Evening, Datu!

Well... I'm hoping to make it up there... it depends on a few things...

I'm starting a new job next week... so, I'll be Jr. there for a while... and it may be difficult to get the time off...

But, it sounds like a GREAT seminar... and, now that I have time to train again, I'm trying to get some regular instruction going... and a good seminar or two is a GREAT way to start off!

If I do make it up there... it'll likely be last-minute... that seems to be my style anyways!

Best Regards,

Andy Goodwin

P.S. I was Guro Chad's TALL new student at the 2003 Winter Camp here in Wilmington. I sure hope you come back down this way soon!

11. True2Kenpo

True2Kenpo Junior Member

Andy,

Thank you for your registration. If you need anything, please feel free to contact me at my school (412)621-5425.

Look forward to meeting you.

Respectfully,
    Joshua Ryer

P.S. For others interested in attending, please download the event flyer and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to e-mail me at True2Kenpo@aol.com. Thank you.

12. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

Anyone else going to the seminar this weekend?

13. Datu Tim Hartman

My group will consist of:

Ingmar Johannson - Sweden
    Jason Arnold - Canada
    Jason Watts - Philly
    Myself - Buffalo

Looking forward to having a good time.

14. Datu Tim Hartman

I attended the Saturday session with GM Cacoy and had a great time! It had been a long time since I went on a road trip to attand a seminar. I met alot of old freinds and made some new ones. It had been 10 year since the last time I saw Cacoy. We had some time to talk about his old freind and my teacher ( the late Remy Presas) as well as talking about his challenges over the years.

Unfortunatley I wasn't able to stay for Zach's session due to some schedule conflicts. Josh Ryer (the host) put on a great event!

15. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

I really enjoyed the seminar on Saturday. Mr. Hartman, it was nice to meet and talk to you even if it was just for a few minutes.

16. pesilat

pesilat Junior Member

My instructor and I attended Saturday and had a good time. It was a pleasure to spend time with Zach and to finally meet Tim in the flesh. And to meet Dian and everyone else, too. And, of course, it was, as always, a joy to work with GM Cacoy again.

To everyone I worked with and met, and especially to GM Cacoy and the people who put this event together (Josh, Zach [and anyone else I don't know about]), thanks! It was a blast.

Mike

17. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

18. True2Kenpo

True2Kenpo Junior Member

Thank you!

Greetings from Pittsburgh. I apologize for not thanking everyone sooner for attending the Mini-Camp in August. I truly appreciate everyone's support!!

I also look forward to next year's event with Grandmaster Cacoy and hope you can attend once again.

Good journey in the meantime.

Respectfully,
    Joshua Ryer
    http://www.pittsburghkarate.com

19. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Great to hear that everything went so well, Mr. Ryer!

With a bit of luck I hope to meet you at next year's seminar. :bow"

20. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

Is there a date set for next years event? Is it going to be an annual thing?